OFFICIAL PINK PARTY COSPLAY CONTESTSHOW UP IN YOUR COSPLAY FINERY, AND YOU COULD WIN SERIOUS CASH AND PRIZES IN THE OFFICIAL PINK PARTY COSPLAY CONTEST!
Another PAX West has come and gone, and once again the Pink Party was the highlight of the weekend. The premier queer geek event during PAX weekend, Queer Geek! Seattle’s Pink Party 11 filled Neumos with hundreds of happy folks for gaming, dancing, and sensational cosplay! Special thanks to ArenaNet, Bungie, GaymerX, Niantic, and Best Buy for their support of this year’s event.
Judging for the cosplay contest will take place from 10PM until 11:30PM. No late entries will be allowed. Final judging will take place at 12:00AM. You must be present to win. There is no official or required cosplay theme, but costumes based on video game characters are highly encouraged!
Rules: The Fine Print
- All entrants must refrain from expressing any homophobic, queerphobic, transphobic, racist, ablist, or misogynistic views either directly or indirectly through speech, action, or visual presentation. Anyone who violates this rule will be disqualified from the competition and will be asked to leave the event.
- A General Admission ticket to the Pink Party is required to enter the costume contest. There is no additional fee for entry.
- Contestants may only enter the contest once. Contestants may enter either as an individual or as part of a group, but not both.
- No nudity. No costume is no costume.
- Do not use any sort of projectile at all. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the event.
- No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the event.
- All prop weapons must conform to the following policies: All weapons must be replicas/fake/non-functional. No functioning projectile weapons–including water pistols, silly-string guns, nerf guns, and/or ping-pong pistols–will be allowed.
- No sharpened edges will be allowed.
- Any prop weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the event.
- The event venue reserves to right to disallow entry to anyone carrying objects they deem to be dangerous, and/or to confiscate any objects they deem to be dangerous. We expect you to use good judgment.
- Costumes must be self-contained.
- Large, elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. Neither party organizers, volunteers, and/or staff nor venue staff will be able to provide assistants.
- By participating in the cosplay contest, you are consenting to have your photograph taken, or to have your participation videotaped. These recorded images and videos may be used by Queerspace Magazine for future promotion of Queerspace Magazine events.
- By participating in the cosplay contest, you are consenting to have your email address added to the Queerspace Magazine email list. You may remove yourself from this email list in the future at your own discretion.
- All judging is final.