OFFICIAL PINK PARTY COSPLAY CONTEST
Show up in your cosplay finery, and you can enter to win your share of the prizes in the Official Pink Party Comicon Cosplay Contest!
The prize packages for this year’s Official Pink Party Cosplay Contest will be announced soon, and will include cash and some fabulous merchandise courtesy of Wizards of the Coast, ArenaNet, Cards Against Humanity, Northwest Press, and Raygun Lounge!
Nick Sahoyah started his comedy career in the summer of 2010 at a gross coffee shop on Capitol Hill in Seattle. Since then he has had the pleasure of performing stand up across the country participating in festivals such as Limestone Comedy Festival, The Comedy Exposition, Hell Yes Fest, SF Sketchfest, and Bridgetown Comedy Festival. Aside from stand up, you may recognize Nick from the web series 8-Hit Gaming on Queerspace Magazine or the WOW Presents series Cool Mom with Jinkx Monsoon.
Miss Miniver is a Seattle cosplayer with a lifetime love of geekery, who recently published the third issue of her ongoing comic series, The Adventures of Miss Miniver.
Katie Kaitchuck is the Executive Director of GaymerX, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to celebrating and supporting LGBTQ people and culture in the world of gaming. An AmeriCorps VISTA alumna, she is a seasoned nonprofit and gaming industry professional having honed her skills at Ubisoft, San Francisco AIDS Foundation, and Feminist Frequency. When not making the world a better place for queer gamers and game developers, she spends her time hanging out with her spouse Tom and two dogs Pancakes and Pepper. Her favorite video games are Gone Home, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Portal, The Sims, and Threes.
Judging for the cosplay contest will take place from 10pm until 11:30pm. No late entries will be allowed. Final judging will take place at 12am. You must be present to win. There is no official or required cosplay theme, but costumes based on video game characters are highly encouraged!
Rules: The Fine Print
- All entrants must refrain from expressing any homophobic, queerphobic, transphobic, racist, ablist, or misogynistic views either directly or indirectly through speech, action, or visual presentation. Anyone who violates this rule will be disqualified from the competition and will be asked to leave the event.
- A General Admission ticket to Pink Party Prime is required to enter the costume contest. There is no additional fee for entry.
- Contestants may only enter the contest once. Contestants may enter either as an individual or as part of a group, but not both.
- No nudity. No costume is no costume.
- Do not use any sort of projectile at all. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the event.
- No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the event.
- All prop weapons must conform to the following policies: All weapons must be replicas/fake/non-functional. No functioning projectile weapons–including water pistols, silly-string guns, nerf guns, and/or ping-pong pistols–will be allowed.
- No sharpened edges will be allowed.
- Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the event.
- The event venue reserves to right to disallow entry to anyone carrying objects they deem to be dangerous, and/or to confiscate any objects they deem to be dangerous. We expect you to use good judgment.
- To be judged for accuracy, a visual reference, preferably a front and back color photo on paper, can be turned in to the judges. Electronic media will not be accepted. This is not required, however it may be helpful if the judges are not familiar enough with your character to judge for accuracy.
- Costumes must be self-contained.
- Large, elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. Neither Pink Party organizers, volunteers, and/or staff nor venue staff will be able to provide assistants.
- By participating in the cosplay contest, you are consenting to have your photograph taken, or to have your participation videotaped. These recorded images and videos may be used by Queerspace Magazine for future promotion of Queerspace Magazine events.
- By participating in the cosplay contest, you are consenting to have your email address added to the Queerspace Magazine email list. You may remove yourself from this email list in the future at your own discretion.
- All judging is final.