Official Pink Party Cosplay Contest
Show up in your cosplay finery, and you can enter to win your share of the prizes in the Official Pink Party Comicon Cosplay Contest!
Judging for the cosplay contest will take place from 9:30pm until 11:00pm. No late entries will be allowed. Final judging will take place between 11:30pm and 12am. You must be present to win. There is no official or required cosplay theme, but costumes based on video game characters are highly encouraged!
The Fine Print
- All entrants must refrain from expressing any homophobic, queerphobic, transphobic, racist, ablist, or misogynistic views either directly or indirectly through speech, action, or visual presentation. Anyone who violates this rule will be disqualified from the competition and will be asked to leave the event.
- A General Admission ticket to Pink Party Prime is required to enter the costume contest. There is no additional fee for entry.
- Contestants may only enter the contest once. Contestants may enter either as an individual or as part of a group, but not both.
- No nudity. No costume is no costume.
- Do not use any sort of projectile at all. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the event.
- No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the event.
- All prop weapons must conform to the following policies: All weapons must be replicas/fake/non-functional. No functioning projectile weapons–including water pistols, silly-string guns, nerf guns, and/or ping-pong pistols–will be allowed.
- No sharpened edges will be allowed.
- Any weapon used in an offensive manner will be confiscated. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the event.
- The event venue reserves to right to disallow entry to anyone carrying objects they deem to be dangerous, and/or to confiscate any objects they deem to be dangerous. We expect you to use good judgment.
- To be judged for accuracy, a visual reference, preferably a front and back color photo on paper, can be turned in to the judges. Electronic media will not be accepted. This is not required, however it may be helpful if the judges are not familiar enough with your character to judge for accuracy.
- Costumes must be self-contained.
- Large, elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. Neither Pink Party organizers, volunteers, and/or staff nor venue staff will be able to provide assistants.
- By participating in the cosplay contest, you are consenting to have your photograph taken, or to have your participation videotaped. These recorded images and videos may be used by Jetspace Magazine for future promotion of Jetspace Magazine events.
- By participating in the cosplay contest, you are consenting to have your email address added to the Jetspace Magazine email list. You may remove yourself from this email list in the future at your own discretion.
- All judging is final.
$10: Dust off your best Super Suit and fly on over to our Fortress of Fabulous for QOMIX: Queer Comicon Party, presented by Emerald City Comic Con and brought to you by epic event organizers Jetspace Magazine (Pink Party Prime) and Geeks OUT (Flamecon). Join your fellow queer geeks, along with your host, legendary cosplayer Abie Ekenezar, and hard-hitting DJs Nome Goldie (Darqness) and Howin 1000 (Darqness) for drinks, dancing, and the amazing QOMIX Cosplay Contest, where you could win some fabulous prizes. There’s no better way to kick off your ECCC weekend!